There is nothing as exciting as having a warm dinner in the home with your loved ones with fried turkey. Well, almost everybody loves turkey. If you always have issues frying turkey quickly and with less stress, it is best to start considering buying a turkey fryer. There are both indoor and outdoor turkey fryers however; we will be concentrating on indoor turkey fryers. Today, there are so many indoor turkey fryers available on the market that you can use to ensure that you are getting real value for your money.
Keeping It Cool With The Indoor Turkey Fryer
Every indoor turkey fryer needs to come in its package with every single thing that you will need to cook or make a delicious dish for your loved ones. Also, they must be able to cook also not only fry turkeys. The best turkey fryers for indoors you buy must be easy to use and also very safe to use to prevent any fire outbreaks or mistakes. There are so many benefits you can get when you use indoor turkey fryers.
However; the type of brand you buy goes a long way to determine if you will really enjoy these benefits or not. When you use this appliance, you will realize that you will be using less oil while frying turkey then, when you fry turkey the normal way uses so much oil. This means, you get turkey fried properly but healthy and tasty.
Depending on the type of appliance you buy, you will realize some come with digital timers whiles others do not. However; it will be best if you buy one with a digital timer, extra space for storage, and also modifiable thermostat controls. Make sure you do not buy a complicated appliance that you know you can never get a hang over. Make sure you read the manuals very well and make sure you understand. When you buy an appliance that comes with stainless steel housing and also porcelain coated inner pots, you will benefit highly from the quality it brings and also how long lasting it is.
If you want to know how easy or difficult the indoor fryer will be when used for cleaning, it will be best to make sure you check if it has a drain valve. When you see this, you should know automatically that it will be very easy to clean and maintain. Quality indoor turkey fryers will make sure all foods fried get the best golden brown color in the long run. With a timer that comes with most of these indoor fryers, you will hear a bell or ring that will make you know when the turkey is completely done.
Instead of buying an indoor turkey fryer that runs on gas, it will be best if you buy one that runs on electricity. Using one that runs on gas will be very dangerous for your home especially where fire outbreaks are concerned. There is nothing tasty about eating turkey that is not well cooked. This is why you must go in for the best indoor fryer to ensure that you get the best results.
Turkey Fryer Safety Tips
The traditional type of deep turkey fryer uses a pot containing oil, heated over a naked flame. When using this method, it must be considered hazardous from the time the burner is lit to the time the oil has cooled down. Below are some safety tips for operating this type of apparatus.
- Always use your propane turkey fryer outdoors. A suitable site would be away from any trees, roof-line, wooden decking or other flammable materials.
- Place the propane tank as far away from the fryer as possible and never leave the fryer unattended.
- Ensure the turkey is thawed and dry before placing into the oil. Ice and hot oil do not mix and can result in the turkey fryer boiling over, which can then ignite the oil. Please watch the safety demonstration video.
- Do not overfill with oil. Most fryers have are marked with an oil fill level indicator as standard. If there are no marking it is possible to determine the correct amount of oil required by placing the turkey into the empty fryer and filling with water to 1 inch from the top of the turkey. Remove the turkey and measure the amount of water. Dry the pot with a paper towel and then fill the fryer with same amount of oil.
- Keep children and pets away from the fryer during and after operation.
- Ensure you have a suitable fire extinguisher readily available. This will need to be rated for flammable liquid fires.
- Use a thermometer and regulate the burner to maintain a constant temperature. Ideally this should be 350 °F (175 °C). If the oil starts to smoke this is an indication that the oil is too hot.
- Use heavy gloves and wear clothing that covers your arms and legs. Perhaps a long-sleeve shirt and jeans.
- It is good practice to turn the burner off before putting the turkey into the oil and the relighting it if all is well.
- Carefully and slowly lower and remove the turkey to avoiding oil splashing or spillage.
An awesome infographic about turkey fryer safety
Turkey Fryer Safety – Instructions
Whether using a traditional or an indoor electric turkey fryer, please read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions before operating. It may take a small amount of time, but it is always advisable to do so. Some even include a section that details recipes and tips on how to cook the perfect turkey using your turkey fryer.