During fall, suede shoes and garments are essentially used to keep a person warm at the same time maintain a fashionable look and style. Some jackets, trousers, handbags and other accessories are made of suede materials which are oftentimes difficult to clean since they can easily gather scuffs and stains. Through this article, you will get important information on how to clean suede shoes and garments at same time keep them beautiful and dirt-free.
How to clean suede shoes?
– Suede Brush
– Suede protector spray
– Soft cloth
– Paper towels
– White Vinegar
– Baking soda
Steps on how to clean suede shoes:
1. Use the wire-bristled side of the suede brush to remove debris, then to buff up the nap of the suede, brush it using the rubber-bristled side. If your shoes are muddy, let the mud dry before brushing. When brushing, follow the direction of the fabric to avoid damaging it.
2. Spray the protector all over your shoes but be careful not to drench it in one area. Let it dry. The protector spray will protect your shoes from water, stain and damage.
3. If your shoes have water stains, blot it immediately by using a cloth. Be gentle when blotting the liquid because too much pressure will press the water deep into the fabric.
4. If you spilled tea, juice or coffee on your shoes, get a paper towel and place it over the stain, and another towel on top of that. Press your hands over the stains or put some books on the top. You can also rub off the stain by using a wet towel soaked in white vinegar. Do not soak the entire suede, just swab it with a damp towel.
5. For oil and grease stains, remove them by sprinkling the spot with baking soda. Leave it for few hours then clean it using a suede brush.
For the toughest stains, remove it by using leather cleaner recommended for suede fabrics.
Do not wrap suede items in a plastic.
Treat the stains on your suede shoes immediately, do not let it sit for a long period of time.
After cleaning or when not used often, store your suede shoes in a dark, cool closet. Wrap it in pill covers, or sheets of white paper.
How to clean suede garments?
– Soft towel
– Pencil rubber
– Paper towel
– Suede brush
Steps on how to clean suede garments:
1. Rub the garment with a soft towel to restore its delicate and fuzzy texture.
2. On the soiled area, rub it gently with a pencil rubber to remove the dry marks and stains.
3. For wet stains, let the paper towel absorb the liquid splattered on your jacket or trousers.
4. To move debris and dust, it is effective to use a suede brush which is also called as nubuck brush.
Do not use stain removers.
You may take your suede garments to a professional dry cleaner that is trusted when it comes to caring of suede fabrics, however, it is a bit pricey.