Glass surfaces have been used for increasing beauty of your house and office furnishing. It gives your living and working space a shining modification and brightens your day by bringing you closer to outside world and nature while having a tough working day. Glass has been gaining popularity in varied regions and this is accredited to attractive and appealing appearance of this product. Glass tiles, doors and windows can improve beauty of any room in your house or office or any other place and now advancement in technology gives you beautiful designs and colors of glass to add grace to your world with your own choice and preference.
Cleaning Glass Surfaces
A high quality glass is not only durable but it gives appealing shine. Such materials are easier to clean and are stain resistant. Having said that cleaning glass is easy as you can just wipe down stain and dust, it is at the same time difficult too as it requires cleaning more frequently. Glass surfaces are easier to notify any fingerprints, footprints, dust, dirt and any type of stain. Proper care is needed for maintenance along with frequent cleaning of glass surfaces. In order to give a nice appearance, your glass surface may it be flooring, windows, doors etc. should appear perfect. Any streak of dust or grime through glass surface would hinder its appearance.
Tips for Cleaning Glass Surfaces
Thus here we are sharing some important tips that you should follow in order to better deal with cleaning problems of glass surface and to make it look nice and appealing.
Vacuuming Glass Surfaces:
- For any surface made up of glass including windows, mirrors etc.; you should take proper care while vacuum cleaning. Otherwise while getting rid of dust and stains from these surface, you may end up damaging/scratching it.
- In order to deal with cleaning of these surfaces, it is best to use an extra soft brush attachment tool to clear up all the dust and dirty from surface without damaging it.
- For cleaning of mirrors, it is best to use a soft dusting brush attachment.
- However apart from dust and dirt, such floor and surface may have some adhesive marks and stains (such as paint, oil, grease etc.). Vacuuming may not help in cleaning such stubborn stains.
- For cleaning these spots, take small amount of a cleaner that is nonabrasive and mild. Take a clean wet cloth for cleaning surfaces. Apply cleaning solution and then wipe all the areas of glass to get a spotless clean finish. Make sure that the cloth you are using is lint-free and cleaner is not strong as these may affect finish of glass surface.
- If you have to deal with cleaning of a large glass door. Clean your way down taking small portions.
- Any stubborn material used over glass surface can give you permanent marks or scratches on such surface.
Vacuuming Glass Windows and Doors:
- Glass door and window screens often get dust and dirt; in order to get rid of that dust you should use your vacuum cleaner with an upholstery brush attachment for vacuuming all the dust and dirt.
- For flat screen windows, you may also use a drapery brush attachment tool. But make sure that vacuuming is performed gently over such screens.
- Cleaning inside of windows can be easy however cleaning the other side (outside) is a little tricky. You can look for a vacuum cleaner with special extendable attachment tools. A vacuum cleaner with a telescoping handle may work well for cleaning of windows inside and out.
Other Important Tips
- Condensation is a problem with glass surfaces and reason for that is excess of humidity. Ensure that your rooms have proper ventilation in order to avoid this problem.
- Vacuum window sills/tracks in order to ensure that there remains no dust or debris hindering drainage.
- Lubricate rollers and locks of your glass windows and doors. Use light machine oil.
- Windows must be washed at least twice a year with soft bristle brush and a light soap solution. Avoid using any abrasive cleaners. Make sure that the soap solution is rinsed properly and dried.
- When vacuuming glass screens, always use a soft brush tool.
Sparkling clean glass windows, doors, furniture items and floor can really light up any area of your house. However the main difficulty is that if proper maintenance and care is missing these surfaces usually get dull over time. Finishing and sparkling glow is also affected with the use of harsh cleaners and improper tools that may also scratch the surface. The tips that we have shared here can give you ever brightening glass surface with its shine maintained well for years and years. So use these tips and proper techniques with ideal tools to protect your glass surfaces. Have right attitude towards this delicate surface and avoid spills and stains. Do your chores of cleaning in proper manner by giving adequate time and you will find that it was all worth it! If you don’t find time and are unsure of cleaning you can always seek help of a professional to get the chores done for you. Once cleaning is done, you can sit back and enjoy the sight of your sparkling shinning glass surface.